Monday, May 14, 2007
He makes it look easy...
...but actually this is darned hard work.
Over the past couple of years, we accumulated a huge pile of logs and twigs and branches, so we finally rented a chipper/shredder to turn them into useful woodchips. Several hours of feeding that hungry machine is better exercise than most anything else I can think of. I felt like a wet noodle by the time we finished the job. Last time we did this, it cost me a lens in my glasses when a branch snapped back and swiped me in the face. This year I escaped with minor scratches, sore muscles, an hours-long dull roar in my ears because I was too dumb to wear ear protection, and a thick layer of wood dust covering me from head to toe. But my flower beds will be happy for the mulch--or at least they will be once I've found time to get busy with the wheelbarrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wanna truck some of that stuff to my garden? ;)
cool! yea, I wanna hear about all the sweat and aches after the mulch is spread! Our wood chip pile is happily producing heat as organic activity foments within it -- it has done nary a thing for the beauty of our yard yet - my hubby makes yard work look easy too...he's just been doing OTHER stuff!
I really like seeing photos of what happens in peoples' days. You've been working hard!
Post a Comment