Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Deja Vu All Over Again....

...but last time I sewed patches on a military uniform, I was the wife of the service member, not the mom.

Here's what I was working on. Joe tells me they call these "poopy suits" in the non-aviation branches of the Navy/Marine Corps. Steve being a pilot, we just called them flight suits.
Besides sewing these patches, I also got to hem a couple pairs of pants in preparation for Joe's summer ROTC military experience. The lucky duck gets to spend a week on a ship, a week on a sub, a week with an Air Wing, and a week with the Marines. Ooo Rah.

P.S. Don't look too closely at my fingernails--I've been playing in my garden a lot lately.

1 comment:

Dancingirl said...

Lol...I remember poopy suits! Yes, that's what we called them in subs. After time at sea they smelled like diesel (why that in a nuclear sub, I don't know). And I was thinking how pretty your fingernails looked and then read what you wrote. Wish mine looked that nice!