Liz gets bad thyroid genes from both sides of the family, so I guess it's no wonder she'd develop problems at some point. An enlarged thyroid necessitated a needle biopsy. Here she is afterward. Can you believe the doctor wouldn't let me stay to watch?
Not fun. Thyroid problems run in our family too... cancer. My mom, sister, and I have all had them removed for that. She looks pretty calm... maybe she inherited that gift?
The doctor wouldn't let you stay? I thought if the patient gave permission, the doctor had to let you stay.
In NC, after your child is 11 or 12, the pediatrician will ask the child whether they want the parent to stay in the room for the physical or not. At that point the parent has no rights to see the child's records, either. If you need a copy sent to another doctor, you have to get the child to sign the release form. Of course, they can't give your child an aspirin at school without parental permission...it is so warped.
Thyroid porblems run in our family, too. My grandmother had hers removed when she turned 40. My mother has been on meds since she turned 40. And I've been on Armour for the last five years.
4 comments:
Yuck! I'm so sorry she's going through this...she looks better than I'd expect after that!!
Not fun. Thyroid problems run in our family too... cancer. My mom, sister, and I have all had them removed for that. She looks pretty calm... maybe she inherited that gift?
The doctor wouldn't let you stay? I thought if the patient gave permission, the doctor had to let you stay.
In NC, after your child is 11 or 12, the pediatrician will ask the child whether they want the parent to stay in the room for the physical or not. At that point the parent has no rights to see the child's records, either. If you need a copy sent to another doctor, you have to get the child to sign the release form. Of course, they can't give your child an aspirin at school without parental permission...it is so warped.
I'm sorry she had to go through this!
Thyroid porblems run in our family, too. My grandmother had hers removed when she turned 40. My mother has been on meds since she turned 40. And I've been on Armour for the last five years.
Totaly empathy here.
Post a Comment