
Actually I hope this isn't the end of summer; I hope we have lots more warm sunny days before fall takes over. But something about this photo makes me think of the passage of time, the move from summer to fall, days becoming shorter, boys becoming taller, burgeoning joy of summer stored as fuel for winter work ahead, flying through the carefree air of childhood into self-aware young adulthood. Some days, time flies by too fast.
4 comments:
Wow! Looks fun! And we are actually feeling the promise of fall in the air these days. Not cool yet, but I'm believing it's coming!
Looks like tons of fun! The nights are getting colder here, even if the days are still nearing 100 degrees most of the time.
Time is fleeting -- I'm really feeling it this year with two kids rapidly approaching my height.
This is the perfect transition photo with the movement on the zipline, the water float mostly empty the sky starting to deepen in blue. Wonderful last days of summer shot.
I feel it too. Fall is here. How are you doing without two of your kids around now? I keep thinking of you.
Susanne, it is weird to look UP into kids' faces! Two of my boys are over 6'2" and it won't be long till another one catches them.
Julie, I miss my two absent kids, but at the same time I love being the mother of adults. There's a closeness that's different and somehow even more fun than when they were around all the time. Maybe it's that I'm so thrilled that they both CHOOSE to include me in their lives, maybe it's that they are finally realizing how deeply I'm on their "team". I love it all--the deep, meaningful conversations, the sweet surprise of hearing their voices on the phone at weird times, quirky facebook banter, watching them meet challenges, hearing them talk things through (with lots of uh huh, mm, oh, yes, what about this? from me) and make sense, being asked for my take, and being LISTENED TO as if what I have to say might be worth something--it's just cool. Different, and not without sadness when I look at the empty chairs at the dinner table, but really really great.
Post a Comment