But I finally picked this one because it encapsulates early winter in Illinois. We have many, many gray days, interrupted occasionally by glorious sunshine. When there's no snow, brown fields and lawns stretch in all directions. Gray, brown, brown, gray. You get the picture. But when I look more closely, there are touches of color, shades of difference, subtleties that reward a slower pace and keener eyes. This field is one of my "colorful places"--places I go to feast my eyes on the variety that early winter has to offer.
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Choosing one photo is too hard!
But I finally picked this one because it encapsulates early winter in Illinois. We have many, many gray days, interrupted occasionally by glorious sunshine. When there's no snow, brown fields and lawns stretch in all directions. Gray, brown, brown, gray. You get the picture. But when I look more closely, there are touches of color, shades of difference, subtleties that reward a slower pace and keener eyes. This field is one of my "colorful places"--places I go to feast my eyes on the variety that early winter has to offer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Yep, there sure are. I see an awful lot of red, or russet.
russet and beautiful...
very pretty colors, cloudy days sometimes have the best colors because they are not washed out by the sun.
I am always amazed at the variety of colors each season holds.
Yes! That's just the experience I'm having by taking photos. I never noticed the colors in winter. I like that it requires a patient look. I suddenly feel like I'm seeing beauty in winter rather than a suspended breath waiting for spring.
Your field is lovely.
I see other people's winter pictures with all the color, but when I look out my window I still just see gray. I think maybe I need to take a closer look.
I like the texture in this picture, too. Nice.
I thought of a Van Gogh painting as soon as I saw this photo. I love how the color is in the foreground and the landscape extends off into the distance. Very pretty.
Post a Comment