...or at least it FELT like a big lake by the time Steve and I had walked around it. Twenty-one miles. It took us 6.5 hours, including breaks, but we didn't take many of those, mainly just the one for lunch. The amount of money poured into the homes around Lake Geneva is just obscene, but we sure enjoyed looking at them.
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
It's a big lake...
...or at least it FELT like a big lake by the time Steve and I had walked around it. Twenty-one miles. It took us 6.5 hours, including breaks, but we didn't take many of those, mainly just the one for lunch. The amount of money poured into the homes around Lake Geneva is just obscene, but we sure enjoyed looking at them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So what are you doing at Lake Geneva?! I've been thinking about a walking marathon, but it sure would be more interesting to walk around a lake than through city streets! I'm so impressed. :-)
It's about a half-hour drive from my house, so we just went up for the day. It's a great walk--the "path" follows the shoreline, which means it goes through people's yards and whatever else happens to abut the lake. In some places the trail is quite steep and rustic (gave my calves a workout) but in others it's flat and paved. You'd enjoy it. Think of it this way; if you came up for a few days, you could get in a walk around Lake Geneva AND the sites of Chicago. My house is close to both. Can't beat that!
What a treat to have a 6.5 hour walk with your sweetheart! I would love that.
WOW! I'm utterly impressed with you for all that walking. Nice day together too.
Post a Comment