Another big family moment: Matthew graduated last weekend.

Here he is giving his valedictory address. He got to be the first-ever valedictorian of the first-ever graduating class of Faith Lutheran High School. You can read all about it and see a slide show with better pictures here: http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2008/05/25/news/local/doc4839397ce6979035395626.txt (I tried to make it a link, but it didn't work. Sorry!)
It's enough to make a parent proud.

And here you can see that Steve and I were indeed very proud and happy.

Here's Aunt Ruthie being happy for the graduate, too.

And just look at all these happy people. Except maybe for Clare, still wiping sentimental tears away, and Mike, who cracked maybe one smile in the four solid years we've known him. Mrs. M.--science teacher extraordinaire-- looks like she doesn't know quite what she feels. Her smile is somewhat like a grimace, but your face would be confused, too, after an hour-long emotional wringer (laughing, crying, laughing, crying) like watching the kids you've poured your heart and soul into for four years finally walk across that stage.

But happiest of all had to be Matthew. Here you can see he was so thrilled he could have spread his wings and taken flight. Or maybe flapped his wings...er...arms...and crowed like a chicken. Either way, he was pretty darned chipper.
7 comments:
Congratulations to Matthew and to you and Steve! I loved your comments about the mixed emotions - so true with a small group of students who've been together for years, esp. for their teachers.
What a blessed event! I've been blessed to work with Matthew on several occasions! He has grown into an amazing young man! Of course, he has two amazing parents. Congratulations to Matthew! Congratulations to Rachel and Steve who have released another one of their young ones. Three more to go! : )
What on earth? How can he be graduating? If my friends' children are getting older, that means my children are getting older. And that means *I'm* getting older. And who keeps stealing time?! Goodness.
At any rate, I find this very enviable, this small, close-knit group of grads. What great experiences. CongraDs to all (ha! I 'm quite punny when I stay up until all hours of the night!)
Congratulations to Matthew and to his parents too!
What are his plans for the immediate future?
I can't believe that in two years we'll have a graduate, too.
They simply grow up way too fast.
Susanne :)
Woohoo! That's exciting all right!
I'm just now catching up on blogs I've neglected for what feels like a month. And lo, here's this wonderful moment of triumph for kid and parents. You should be proud. Clearly inherited your genes. :) Good ones!
Congrats.
I've missed seeing any pictures from you lately! :-) I hope you're doing great! My email has changed to bb.houseofburgesses@gmail.com
I'd love to hear what you're up to!
Post a Comment