My poor van, huffing and puffing to overcome the inertia brought on by the coldest day in a decade. Twelve below zero; thirty below windchill. The old gal didn't disappoint me; five minutes to warm up, and off we went.
Now that's a great picture! I'm going to copy you. I like that way of capturing how cold it is. We're at 4 degrees here. So cold!! This is a great shot in every way.
Beth, I made it black and white in iPhoto, but the real colors are very similar, (gray van, black-mottled-with-salt-residue asphalt driveway) although in the original photo they had an early-morning-light cast of blue.
7 comments:
I have to laugh at the contrast between this photo and the one yesterday of the bread. I'll take the warm bread. Yum!
Wow, Rachel, that's cold. I can't even imagine. Was this shot in b/w, or is the van white and the steam effect bleaching out colors?
Now that's a great picture! I'm going to copy you. I like that way of capturing how cold it is. We're at 4 degrees here. So cold!! This is a great shot in every way.
Beth, I made it black and white in iPhoto, but the real colors are very similar, (gray van, black-mottled-with-salt-residue asphalt driveway) although in the original photo they had an early-morning-light cast of blue.
The angle of the photo is great, and such a good way to record the cold. But what are you doing standing out in it taking a picture, girl?!
Been thinking about you when I heard the National News! COOOLD!
Excellent photo! What an original way to convey the cold.
Post a Comment