
I'm so glad my little football player wears a helmet. It keeps his brain safe so it can think long and hard about how rotten the rest of his body feels. A full-body helmet doesn't seem like a bad idea at this point; the poor child's arms and shins are just one big bruise. But at practice tonight, when this skinny eleven-year-old with two whole week's experience got to play defensive end and sacked the quarterback four times, once causing a fumble that he then recovered, somehow, in his mind, it all became worth it.
2 comments:
Ya know, sometimes when I watch my guys play the world's football (soccer), I wouldn't mind if helmets were required. Of course, if our boys played rugby, that would *really* hurt to watch! LOL
I love football--I just don't like anyone I love to be playing. :-) And I've heard myself yell things at games that I can't believe I said...I get very aggressive!
My skinny, sickly little brother played and loved it.
Post a Comment