
This is the locust tree that shades my patio in summer and drops pods all over Steve's lawn. This almost looks like a black and white photo on which someone has colored in the red shed, but it's not--this is the real deal my camera caught. There's sort of a shaky quality to this picture that I think came from the fact that I shot it right into the sun, which was behind the tree, trying to shine through the clouds.
3 comments:
We had a locust tree in our yard on the farm in MI; my mother had a hammock beneath it. I used to run races barefoot after dark with my sister to see which of us was brave enough to leave the circle of the light and reach the tree. It was a friend. Just saying "the locust tree is a phrase I haven't heard in many years but that took me right back!
Gorgeous photo! How did I never notice before how pretty bare trees were?
I like the red barn in the snow...
Purty!
Post a Comment