My options for the day provided quite a contrast. I was all set with this lovely image for my photo of the day:

...when a horde of preteen boys called me urgently to the pond to show me this:

...and this:

...and about a dozen other winter-killed specimens of various species, sizes, and states of decomposition. Gross, huh? And the poor creatures had been dead for weeks, judging by the smell (which lingered on hands and feet and bathroom towels all afternoon). But what a thrill for that same horde of preteen boys. This discovery made their day, and consequently mine too. The purple crocus wasn't so bad, either. I am a girl, after all, as well as a mom.
3 comments:
Oh my...feeling a little ill. The crocus is beautiful and well, the other photos are unique. heeh
Susan
Yuck. I was waiting for the first truly gross picture and I think you've taken it! (At least that I remember.) Um, decomposing animals, huh? Not the best aspect of spring, I suppose! :o I am glad the first thing I saw was the crocus! LOL...
Beautiful crocus! Those are some pretty yucky frogs! I saw these pictures last night and thought of them today while reading to 6 yods about how frogs and such go underground for winter.
Post a Comment