I'm usually not as drawn to watercolor paintings as I am to oils or acrylics, but this watercolor by my daughter captured so well the past several months of my life here in Illinois. We don't get much sun from November to March. The colors are subtle and bleed into each other; the lines tie spaces together instead of keeping them apart; the notes are harmonic, the tone is introspective, not loud or bright or flashy. A pretty good metaphor for my emotional landscape, too.
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Watercolor world
I'm usually not as drawn to watercolor paintings as I am to oils or acrylics, but this watercolor by my daughter captured so well the past several months of my life here in Illinois. We don't get much sun from November to March. The colors are subtle and bleed into each other; the lines tie spaces together instead of keeping them apart; the notes are harmonic, the tone is introspective, not loud or bright or flashy. A pretty good metaphor for my emotional landscape, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love, love this! What a wonderful watercolor your daughter painted!!
This is a really nice watercolor. It has a very Eastern feel to it too.
That is definitely worth framing.
I'd love to hear more about how it captures your life right now. I identify with what you've said so far.
Post a Comment