Monday, August 27, 2007

Painting

Ever since Liz vacated her room a week ago, Matthew has been chomping at the bit to take it over (and Aaron has been chomping at the bit to take over Matt's room--send a kid to college, play musical chairs with the bedrooms.) First, though, we had to paint, which meant choosing a color. That took a couple days. Then I had to figure out how to arrange the furniture--who would get what, whether Matt's desk and bed would go with him to the new room or stay in the old one for Aaron. And would Aaron get the old TV in his room or not?? Should Susannah's bookcase be switched with the one in Matt's old room?? Decisions, decisions. Then we waited for Steve to get home. Finally the painting started, and Matt was more than happy to help out.

6 comments:

Dancingirl said...

So what color did you pick? I think the color I see is a reflection of the shirt, not the actual wall, or is it?

Rachel said...

The color is called "herb tea" and it's a sort of celadon green-not QUITE as garish as it looks with the shirt's reflection, but definitely green.

Carol Ann Weaver said...

You were painting a few months ago, right? Weren't you going to move? Did that happen? Did I miss it?

Colleen said...

Oh, don't mention painting! I should do some touching up, but I've never quite recovered from my last Big Painting Project. That was a few years ago, when, on a whim, I started ripping wallpaper down in my front living room. This was a mere week before guests were due to arrive from Switzerland. One thing led to another and...oh, get the idea. Suffice it to say I've never recovered. ;-D

Rachel said...

Carol, we decided to stay here at least another year since FedEx will be having a bid run this fall in which pilots get shuffled around. Steve could end up somewhere else than Memphis, so we thought it was a good idea to wait and see.

Colleen, I've got a wallpaper-peeling job lined up next--and I'm not looking forward to it. Thankfully, it's just a bathroom, not anything huge like a front living room with company coming soon!

Katrina said...

I have a feeling we'll be playing musical bedrooms next fall.