Thursday, August 23, 2007

Rain, rain, go away



It's done nothing but rain for a month now. This stretch of road no sooner dries out than we get another deluge. Basements all over town are flooded, and I think my sump pump is about ready to give up the ghost due to overwork. A sign at a local massively-flooded golf course (aptly named "Water's Edge"--I think they wish now they weren't quite SO CLOSE to the water's edge) read: Help Wanted: Ark Builder. By my reckoning, we've got only 10 days to go to beat Noah's record.

4 comments:

Dancingirl said...

Oh my. Here's hoping your sump pump holds up! Lol about the sign.

Colleen said...

I can totally identify with the less-than-stellar weather. We've had some major stretches of rain this year, and our so-called summer has been fleeting. The Chicago weather of late certainly does not sound inviting. I feel for you! Is a move still in the works?

Rachel said...

Colleen, no, we decided to stay here for at least another year since FedEx will soon make some changes that will open up new possibilities. It didn't seem smart to move to Memphis if Steve might end up based somewhere else within a year or two. So we're keeping our options open. Thanks for asking. :-)

carrie said...

You get drowned and we get dehydrated. We are 15 inches below normal rainfall this year, and everything is dying. (We've only mowed our yard once in the past 6 or more weeks.) This past week we've finally had a few thunderstorms come through and wash the pollen out of the air. Most of August has been over 100 degrees and dry, dry, dry. But I don't want your scenario, either. Where's the happy medium when you need it?