Friday, March 09, 2007

Oh, the places we've been

Cleaning out a file cabinet on Wednesday, I found a lot of old tourist brochures from places we've been. Some were family trips and some were from Steve's travels with the Navy. It made me sad to throw out all those bits of our history, so I'm preserving them in a picture. (Much easier than dragging them all over the world for another twenty years.) I confess, there is still a whole 'nother file folder of the brochures I couldn't bring myself to throw out--from places like the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, the Tower of London, Iceland, Ashfall Fossil Beds, Keukenhof--places that have taken root even more deeply into the soil of our family life.

3 comments:

my15minutes said...

Really nice to remember all the places and events that make up your personal and family history. I wouldn't have been able to part with them!

Unknown said...

Remarkable!

Katrina said...

Great way to preserve the memories without the clutter. That's a lot of interesting places!